Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 10 NFL Picks


Brett:

A better week last week (3-2-0) that could have easily been 5-0. A meltdown and late blocked field goal in the Rams-Cardinals game was one of the losses, while a Joe Flacco (seriously??!?) heave to Torrey Smith with under 15 seconds left caused the other loss. Looking to continue the winning ways, without further ado, here are my Week 10 picks:

1. Pittsburgh at Cincinnati Over 40.5: I'm not so sure either of these defenses are that good. Neither team has beaten a real good team. The Bengals have scored more than 20 points in 7 of 8 games. The Steelers are clicking on offense of late. One problem could be the weather: it could be very windy today in Cincinnati, but I still see this one reaching the total.

2. New York at San Francisco Over 42.5: Though the 49ers have one of the best defenses in the NFL, in their 3 games against teams with offensive attacks comparable to/better than the Giants (Eagles, Cowboys, Lions), opponents have aaveraged 23 points. San Francisco is also quietly one of the most efficient offenses in the league. I could see some points going up in this one.

(Matty) ICE TO MEET YOU!
3. New Orleans (Pick) at Atlanta: In the Matt Ryan era, the Saints have beaten the Falcons in Atlanta two out three tries and 4 of 6 overall. Matty Ice is nowhere near as cool as Arnold was playing Mr. Freeze in one of the worst movies of all time. Drew Brees is the better quarterback on the better team, so I'm leaning Saints.

4. Jacksonville -3 at Indianapolis: Curtis Painter has shown his true colors; he's averaging a paltry 130 yards over the last 3 games with zero touchdowns and four interceptions. The Jags rank 8th in points allowed, and I can see MJD running all over the Colts this week. There was a lot more value in this line at -2.5, but I think you can still find value in it at -3.

5. Chicago -3 vs. Detroit: Jay Cutler and the Bears seem to be playing a lot better after a change in protection packages by Mike Martz. The Lions' rush defense isn't all the great and Forte is projected to have a big day. Detroit may be trending downwards, so I like the Bears this week. It's a pretty even game, so take the home team.

Last Week: 3-2-0
Season Total: 4-5-0



Kyle:

1. New Orleans pk at Atlanta: I know Atlanta is at home and generally plays pretty well at home, but I'm just not sold on Matty Ice and the Falcons. Look for Brees and the Saints' offense to carve up the Falcons D and win in a shootout. 42-38.

2.) Over 50 in New Orleans at Atlanta: See above.

3.) Washington +4 at Miami: With Sexy Rexy back at QB for the Redskins, I think Washington is in much better shape than with John Beck. I know Miami is rolling right now(they won A game), but I think their run is done for a little while. Look for my man Roy Helu to run wild against Miami's less than stellar defense.

4.) Dallas -5.5 vs: Buffalo. I hate to put my faith in Romo and the inconsistent Cowboys, but I think this is a big game for the Boys and their standing in the NFC East. Ryan Fitzpatrick and the bills have been struggling offensively lately, so look for the solid Cowboys defense to shut them down this week. Romo should put up some serious points against this Bill's D as well, so I'm going Cowboys big.

5.) Denver +3 at Kansas City: I'm taking the Bronco's for the rest of the year. And I have three words for you. Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!
How mad is Kyle Orton about Tebow's magic?

Last Week: 3-2
All Time: 3-7

No comments:

Post a Comment