Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 11 NFL Picks

Brett:

I'm back on track after an impressive 5-0 week last week. All of the picks won pretty handily, so I didn't have to sweat anything out too much. I'm hopefully going to take the momentum into this week with another round of pigskin picks:

1. Jacksonville + 1 at Cleveland - Like I've said before, I usually won't pick a road team to cover unless I think there's a pretty good chance they'll win outright. Just a lean here that Jacksonville is the better team. At least they have MJD going for them; what do the Browns have going for them? Not much.

2. Jacksonville at Cleveland Under 35.5 - Since I made this pick, the line has burned down to 34, so I'm glad I got it at this number. It crosses the valuable 35 point line, and becomes good value. It may still be good value at 34: both teams feature decent defenses and very below-average offenses. This smells like the recipe for very few points.

3. Miami -1.5 vs. Buffalo - I'm pretty sure that the Bills are not that good. Stevie Johnson is banged up, and the Miami defense is playing much better of late. Yes, it is sad that I'm putting my faith in Panthers castoff Matt Moore. If you get cast off by the Panthers, it's usually a sign your career isn't progressing as planned. This line has since jumped to 3, where I think it will stay. Take the Dolphins and watch them with by a field goal.

4. Oakland + 1 at Minnesota - Minnesota showed its true colors by getting blasted by the Packers on Monday Night Football. Obviously, Oakland is not Green Bay. This is another case where I believe the better team (good running game, Carson Palmer has made some pretty good throws and just needs to cut down on turnovers, a relatively underrated defensive front) is getting points, so I'll take the points. The Adrian Petersons will have a tough go of it against Raider Nation.

5. Cincinnati at Baltimore Over 40 - Like the AFC North tilt last week between the Bengals and Steelers, I think the defenses for both of these teams are slightly overrated. With no Ray Lewis this week, Baltimore could give up some points. A.J. Green is out for the Bengals, which scares me a little bit; however, look for a decent amount of points to be scored in this one unless the real Joe Flacco stands up and sprays passes inaccurately all over the field.

Last Week: 5-0-0
Season Total: 9-6-0

Kyle:


1.) Denver: I'm picking them every week

2.) Bears -3.5 vs Chargers: The Chargers are in a must win situation here of sorts. Rivers and Norv Turner will find a way to lose this one, as they have been doing most of the season. The bears have been good lately and Forte should be able to have his way with the Chargers' D.

3.) Giants -5.5 vs Eagles: This is it for the Dream Team. If they lose this they are almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. And the hopes lie on the right arm of... Vince Young? Give me the Giants. Please and thank you.

4.) Bucs +14 at Packers: I'm waiting for the Packers to have a minor hiccup. I'm not saying they're going to lose to the lowly Bucs t home, but I think their offense is due for a less than perfect performance. Look for the Bucs to try and pound Legarette Blount and keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands. By hiccup I mean only win by like 10 here.

5.) Redskins + 7 vs Cowboys: Home underdogs that are getting 7 or more points cover 58% of the time over the past 20 years. Couple that with the fact that it's a division rivalry, look for the Redskins to keep this one close.


Last week: 3-2
All time: 6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment