Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week 13 NFL Picks

Brett:


It was the first losing week for me in a while, but it wasn't THAT bad at 2-3. I'm looking to get back on track this week. At first glance, there are a few lines that I like. Unfortunately, there aren't enough of them to fill out all five picks, but I'm going to try.

1. Eagles (-2.5) at - Just a gut call here. And, because I'm a degenerate, I wanted to pick a side for Thursday night. Vince Young has been pretty good filling in for Vick. The losses of DRC and Maclin hurt the Eagles, but Tarvaris Jackson has been particularly awful in his last five starts: 3 TDs and 7 INTs. The Eagles' defense has been pretty good against the run of late; they're averaging 85.3 ypg against over the last 6 weeks and should hold Marshawn Lynch down a little bit. The 12th man is always a concern, but I'm taking the Eagles.

2. Patriots (-20.5) vs. Colts - How about this game? Before the season started, we thought that this would be a marquee matchup between two great quarterbacks. Instead, it's Brady against Dan Orlovsky. The Colts will be 0-12 after this game and are looking ripe for an 0-16 season. Interestingly enough, Dan Orlovsky was a starter for the 2008 Lions, who went 0-16. Just sayin'. The Pats could win this one by 40, and I don't think it will be close at all. 20.5 is a ton of points, but it's not enough here I don' think.

3. Oakland at Miami Under 43 - The Dolphins may be for real. The Cowboys' offense, one that's much better than the Raiders', only put up 20 points against the Dolphins and needed a late field goal to win the game. I suspect even less points from a worse Raider team. The O/U seems a little high to me, so I'll pick the under.

4. San Diego (-2.5) at Jacksonville - I think Jacksonville is pure terrible. Like I said last week, MJD is the only thing the Jaguars have going for them. It's pretty obvious at this point that the Chargers aren't as talented or good as we thought they were. Fortunately for them, they're playing a Jaguars team going through both coaching and ownership changes. This is it for Norv. I'm pretty sure it's his last season, but if he loses on MNF, then he will surely be fired. I'm not sure if this hurts or helps the Chargers, and I'm scared to say it, but I'm going with Norv.

5. NY Jets (-3) at Washington - Rex Grossman has played well of late and has been taking care of the ball, for the most part. The Jets need this game very badly; both the Broncos and Titans have winnable games and the Jets will need to keep pace with them in the Wild Card standings. The Jets are a much better team than the Redskins and should beat them handily (hopefully).

Last Week: 2-3-0
Season Total: 15-10-0


Kyle:

I'm finally over the .500 mark, now it's time to keep rolling. And what a better way to roll, than to roll with Timothy Tebow.

1.) Denver +1.5 at Minnesota: Nothing needs to be said about this one.

2.) New England -20.5 vs Indy: I don't think I've seen a line this big in the NFL in some time. This line is like college football big. But I don't think there's a number of points you could give me where I'd be comfortable taking the Colts. At some point, I think the Pats will purposely stop scoring and and kneel the ball at the Colts own one yard line to see if Dan Orlovsky has practiced not running out of the back of his own endzone.





3.) Dallas -4 at Arizona: Dallas has been rolling of late. Look for Dallas to be able to move the ball at will on offense, and hit Dez Bryant on some big plays against rookie corner Patrick Peterson. Even with Kevin Kolb possibly back this week, I'm not completely sold on the Arizona offense. Dallas by at least a TD.

4.) Atlanta and Houston Over 38: I know that the Texans are starting TJ Yates (who?) at quarterback this week. But we have two very competent offenses in this matchup, even with Yates behind center. With Andre Johnson back healthy and the Texans running game being as good as it is, Houston will still be able to put up some points. Matt Ryan and Atlanta has their share of weapons as well.

5.) Detroit and New Orleans Over 53.5: The Lions offense had their struggles last week and coupled with their defense slowing down the Packers in the first half, last week was disappointing for those who had the over in their game. But I think this week will be different. With Ndama-stomp out, the Lions pass rush will be easily neutralized and will lead to Drew Brees picking Detroit apart. On the other side, New Orleans' defense is suspect at best, and the Lions' offense should rebound to put up some big points this week.


Last week: 3-2
All time: 13-12

No comments:

Post a Comment