Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week 15 NFL Picks

Brett:


Just another 2-3 week for me last week. I'm now a disappointing 6-9 over the last 3 weeks, and this week didn't start off as well as I would have liked. With 46 points scored and over 16 minutes left to go in the game, the Cowboys and Bucs couldn't muster just 1 more point to give me the win, pretty frustrating. At least it wasn't a loss for me. Hopefully we can pick some winners this week.

1. Cowboys vs. Bucs Over 46 - Push. F U Jason Garrett.

2. Patriots vs. Broncos Over 45.5 - Around mid-week, this one that opened at around 46 was bet down to 45.5. The Pats' defense has been putrid this year, but have been relatively stout in the red zone. The Tebows have been pretty good once they get into the red area. I don't see either team really stopping the other. Pray for points, that's Tebow's motto.

3. Cincinnati (-6.5) at St. Louis - I can't believe you can get the Bengals giving less than a full TD against the Rams. The Rams are awful when they have all their starters, just imagine how bad they'll be today when Kellen Clemens (that's correct) is starting. He's thrown 2 passes in the NFL since 2009; I don't like the chances for the Rams putting up too many points in this game. The Bengals and A.J. Green have the potential to put up a bunch, lay the points.

4. Baltimore (-1.5) at San Diego - This is a weird one for me, but I like taking very small road favorites in matchups like this. The Ravens' defense has been menacing of late. Joe Flacco is always a concern when talking about the Ravens, but I'm more concerned with the Chargers' depleted offensive line, injury situation, and the ever-present Norv Factor (inexplicably bad coaching). I think Suggs and Ngata will be tremendously disruptive and force the Chargers into some bad mistakes. The Ravens look to continue to roll towards a first round bye in this one.
Caleb Hanie is not good.

5. Seahawks vs. Bears Under 36 - Both teams have good defenses. Only 1 team has an acceptable offense. Even though the line in this game is very low, remember that the totals in the last 2 games featuring the Bears have been 13 and 23. I think there's going to be more of the same in this game. If neither team has multiple turnovers deep in their own ends, I see few points being scored.

Last Week: 2-3-0
Total Season: 19-16-0

No comments:

Post a Comment